This training is on contract based & legal based rights and remedies &liabilities enforcement. In the training emphasis is given on understanding and applying the crucial concepts of non-claims path enforcement, enforcement through consultation path, claims path enforcement including the very notion & concept of construction claims. The training also includes the requirements of construction claims, the construction claims management process, the transformation of claims into construction disputes and causes & methods for its settlement & resolution.
Training topics to be covered include:
• Construction & Non-Contract Enforcement
• Construction Contract Enforcement
• Construction Claims Management
• Construction Disputes Management
Upon the completion of this training, participants will be able to
• Explore the concept of non-contract enforcement as applied to construction
• Define construction contract enforcement
• Explore the scope of construction contract enforcement
• Define claim & construction claim
• Explore the bases of construction claims
• Identify the types of construction claims
• Explore requirements for construction claims
• Identify the construction claims management process & its framework
• Define disputes management system
• Recognize causes for & scope of construction disputes management system including its specific methods known as judgmental & non-judgmental
During the training, the instructor presents the topics and activities in a logical sequence allowing participants to demonstrate their experience, knowledge and skills. The training sessions will be participatory and engaging.
Training participants will be requested to work in groups on a specific topic and present to class. The training delivery activities include lectures, class exercises, group discussions, instructor-led example problem sets, lively discussions
The target group for the training includes construction (building & engineering sector) project, procurement & contract management professionals, lawyers working in construction and others;
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Language: English Start Date: 8 July 2019 Duration: 5 days Skill Level: Advanced Class Size: 15-30 Certificate: Yes Fee: Includes Value Added Tax (VAT), refreshments and cost of printed training materials.
Construction Claims & Disputes Management
BR = Ethiopian Birr
Registration Deadline: 1 July 2019