This training is on contract based and legal based rights and remedies and liabilities enforcement. In the training emphasis is given on understanding and applying the crucial concepts of non-claims path enforcement, enforcement through consultation path, claims path enforcement including the very notion and concept of construction claims. The training also includes the requirements of construction claims, the construction claims management process, the transformation of claims into construction disputes and causes and methods for its settlement and resolution.
Training topics to be covered include:
• Construction and Non-Contract Enforcement
• Construction Contract Enforcement
• Construction Claims Management
• Construction Disputes Management
Upon the completion of this training, participants will be able to:
• Explore the concept of non-contract enforcement as applied to construction
• Define construction contract enforcement
• Explore the scope of construction contract enforcement
• Define claim and construction claim
• Explore the bases of construction claims
• Identify the types of construction claims
• Explore requirements for construction claims
• Identify the construction claims management process and its framework
• Define disputes management system
• Recognize causes for and scope of construction disputes management system including its specific methods known as judgmental and non-judgmental
During the training, the instructor presents the topics and activities in a logical sequence allowing participants to demonstrate their experience, knowledge and skills. The training sessions will be participatory and engaging. Training participants will be requested to work in groups on a specific topic and present to class. The training delivery activities include lectures, class exercises, group discussions, instructor-led example problem sets, lively discussions.
The target group for the training includes construction (building and engineering sector) project, procurement and contract management professionals, lawyers working in construction and others.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Language: English Start Date: 8 July 2019 Duration: 5 days Skill Level: Advanced Class Size: 15-30 Certificate: Yes Fee: Includes Value Added Tax (VAT), refreshments and cost of printed training materials.
Construction Claims & Disputes Management
BR = Ethiopian Birr
Registration Deadline: 1 July 2019