This training covers a wide spectrum of up-to-date construction contract administration and management topics which affect and are of interest to the various players in the industry. It informs participants of established administrative and technical procedures, contract requirements for construction, and interrelated responsibilities, duties and authorities of concurring parties. The instruction is generally designed to cover the following areas of contracting: technical responsibilities, administrative responsibilities, kinds of contracts, contract documentation standards, procurement systems and contractual arrangements, compliance with contract requirements, insurance and security requirements, introduction to handling claims and dispute resolutions.
Training topics to be covered include:
• Typical parties to the contract,
• Procurement types in the construction industry,
• The need for effective contract administration,
• The lifecycle of a contract,
• Conditions of contract,
• Typical contract documents,
• Terms of a construction contract,
• International construction contracts,
• Differences in nomenclature,
• Choices of standards,
• Concepts and definitions of contract management,
• Construction procurement system,
• Intentions of faithful construction company,
• Contract administrator,
• Terms about delivery of suppliers,
• Insurance and security,
• Administration of contract,
• Construction contract law,
• Contract types,
• Progress reports and payment
• Changes and delays,
• Claims and disputes,
• Job records and
• Contract termination.
Upon the completion of this training, participants will be able to:
• Interpret construction contract provisions,
• Describe contracts and contract administration,
• Recognize the contracting process, risk allocations and project delivery systems,
• Describe when contract performance is not in compliance with the terms and conditions spelled out in the contract,
• Describe the corrective actions necessary to achieve compliance with the terms and conditions spelled out in the contract,
• Perform all tasks and responsibilities related to the final acceptance of work,
• Prepare the necessary reports and required supportive documentation of contract.
• Design and implement an effective dispute management system.
During the training, the instructor presents topics and activities in a logical sequence allowing participants to demonstrate their experience, knowledge and skills. The training sessions will be participatory and engaging as the participants will be requested to work in groups on specific topics and as they will present these to the class. The training delivery activities include lectures, class exercises, group discussions, instructor-led example problem sets and, lively discussions on case study projects related to claims and other contract administration issues.
The target group for this training consists of employees who are or will be serving as contracting officers, contract specialists, and project engineers, construction inspectors, contracting officer technical representatives or government representatives.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Language: English Start Date: 30 December 2019 Duration: 5 days Skill Level: Advanced Class Size: 15-30 Certificate: Yes Fee: Includes Value Added Tax (VAT), refreshments and cost of printed training materials.
Construction contract administrator
BR = Ethiopian Birr
Registration Deadline: 23 December 2019