The training provides a conceptual framework on construction and construction contract, formation & effects of construction contract, and the construction contract management. The role of the Engineer (as supervision consultant) shall also be discussed to understand the real construction contract management process.
Training topics to be covered include:
• Construction & Contract,
• Formation of Construction Contract,
• Effects of Construction Contract,
• Standard Conditions of Construction Contract,
• Construction Contract Management Process and,
• Role of the Supervision Consultant.
Upon the completion of this training, participants will be able to
• define the concept of construction & identify its scope,
• define the concept of contract
• identify categories of contract,
• define &understand the concept, elements & effects of contracts in general,
• recognize the formation & effects of construction contract,
• identify the need, level, structure & content of general standard & particular conditions of construction contract,
• define the process of construction contract management,
• recognize the scope& process of construction contract management,
• identify the critical contractual stakeholders therein (viz., the employer & the contractor) including their status, scope of their deal & their respective & common obligations and
• recognize the indispensable role of the Engineer in the construction contract management process.
During the training, the instructor presents the topics and activities in a logical sequence allowing participants to demonstrate their experience, knowledge and skills. The training sessions will be participatory and engaging. Training participants will be requested to work in groups on specific topics and they will present these to the class. The delivery activities include lectures, class exercises and group discussions.
The groups of the training include construction (building & engineering sector) project, procurement & contract management professionals; lawyers working in construction and others;
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Language: English Start Date: 10 June 2019 Duration: 5 days Skill Level: Advanced Class Size: 15-30 Certificate: Yes Fee: Includes Value Added Tax (VAT), refreshments and cost of printed training materials.
Construction Contract Management
BR = Ethiopian Birr
Registration Deadline: 3 June 2019