“The cheapest and most available source of Energy is the Energy we waste!” Samuel Bodman, Secretary, US DoE.
We utilize energy to run any activity from small-scale household level to multinational large-scale companies and industries. Researches indicate that the world loses more than 50% of energy it produces. Therefore, managing the energy we utilize is as equally important as looking for new energy sources. This training deals with energy auditing which is part of energy management. An energy audit can be defined as an inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for identification of energy saving opportunities in a building, process, or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system, without negatively affecting the output(s).
Topics to be covered include:
• Preparation for energy audit
• Analysis of energy bills
• Measurement of energy use
• Analyzing energy use
• Identifying energy efficiency and cost reduction opportunities
• Cost-benefit-analysis of the opportunities
• Preparing an energy audit report.
Upon the completion of this training, participants will be able to:
• Understand the overall energy audit procedures
• Perform energy consumption analysis
• Identify production patterns of a system
• Find out energy saving opportunities
• Identify if the energy saving opportunities are economically feasible
• Prepare best energy audit report that convinces decision makers
During the training, the instructor presents topics and activities in a logical sequence allowing participants to demonstrate their experience, knowledge and skills. The training sessions will be participatory and engaging training sessions will be conducted. Training participants will be requested to work in groups on a specific topic and they will present these to the class. The training delivery activities include lectures, class exercises, group discussions, instructor-led example problem sets and lively discussions.
The target audience for the training includes staffs from industries, energy sector, research institutes, and universities.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Language: English Start Date: 15 May 2019 Duration: 4 days Skill Level: Intermediate Class Size: 15-30 Certificate: Yes Fee: Includes Value Added Tax (VAT), refreshments and cost of printed training materials.
BR = Ethiopian Birr
Registration Deadline: 8 May 2019