Every business professional needs to understand accounting and finance. This helps them to advance their career and to make informed decisions in their current role. While finance is a universal language, the world of healthcare finance has slight difference that many other industries do not encounter.
Accounting & Finance for Healthcare Professionals will focus on the basics of finance and accounting with a specific emphasis on their industry.
Training topics to be covered include:
• Basics of accounting language and terminologies
• Reading and interpreting Income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and other accounting reports
• Financial reporting
• Decision making based upon accurate reading of financial statements.
• Sources of healthcare financing
• Pricing and Forecasting
• Overhead allocation
Upon the completion of this training, participants will be able to
• Read and interpret balance sheet and income statements
• Synthesize that information into financial models
• Make decisions based on these models
• prepare budgets
• Communicate using financial terminologies
During the training, the instructor presents topics and activities in a logical sequence allowing participants to demonstrate their experience, knowledge and skills. The training sessions will be participatory and engaging as participants will be requested to work in groups on specific topics and as they will present these to the class. The training delivery activities include gapped lectures, class exercises, group discussions, instructor-led example problem sets and, lively discussions.
The target for this training consists of professionals involving in Finance for healthcare that include doctors, pharmacist, dentist, nurses, nurse supervisors, accountants in the healthcare industry, lab managers and medical directors.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Language: English Start Date: 15 May 2019 Duration: 2 days Skill Level: Beginners Class Size: 15-30 Certificate: Yes Fee: Includes Value Added Tax (VAT), refreshments and cost of printed training materials.
Finance for Healthcare
Registration Deadline: 8 May 2019