The training highlights the key roles of consultants in construction and their professional liability therein; Emphasis will be given on the broad concept & scope of consulting services & consultants; legal & contractual framework for their services & liability; and their respective roles in construction project & contract based on different construction delivery sub-systems particularly relative to design-bid-build (DBB); and design-build (DB);
Training topics to be covered include:
• Engineering Consultants & their Roles
• Delivery Systems & their Implications
• Role of Engineering Consultants under DBB Delivery Sub-system
• Role of Engineering Consultants under DB Delivery Sub-system
• Liability of Consultants: Under DBB & DB
Upon the completion of this training, participants will be able to
• Define the concept of consulting services & consultants (both from legal & contractual perspective),
• Identify the generic roles of engineering consultants in construction,
• Recognize the scope of consulting services
• Explore the contractual framework for the engagement of engineering consultants by a client in construction projects,
• Define the concept, categories and implications of delivery systems in construction,
• Explore the position of the Ethiopian legal framework relative to delivery system and its possible implications specially to design-build projects,
• Identify the various specific roles of the Engineer relative to design-bid-build delivery sub-system-based construction projects,
• Identify the various specific roles of the Engineer relative to design-build delivery sub-system-based construction projects,
• Explore the concept of liability &professional liability and the respective sources of professional liability of the Engineer relative to design-bid-build &design-build construction projects and
• Identify the scope of liability & professional liability and the respective sources of professional liability of the Engineer relative to design-bid-build & design-build construction projects
During the training, the instructor presents a logical sequence of topics and activities allowing participants to demonstrate their experience, knowledge and skills of the topics.
The training sessions will be participatory and engaging. The instructor will timely interact with the participants. Training participants will be requested to work in groups on specific topics and they will present these to the class.
The delivery activities include lectures, class exercises, group discussions, instructor-led example problem sets and lively discussions.
The target groups for the training includes construction (building & engineering sector) project, procurement & contract management professionals; lawyers working in construction; and others;
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Language: English Start Date: 12 August 2019 Duration: 5 days Skill Level: Advanced Class Size: 15-30 Certificate: Yes Fee: Includes Value Added Tax (VAT), refreshments and cost of printed training materials.
Role & Liability of Engineering Consultants
BR = Ethiopian Birr
Registration Deadline: 5 August 2019